Monday, November 19, 2007

Xiaxue (下雪)

下雪, pronounced xiaxue...literally means "snowing". There's a blog called Xiaxue or xiaxue.blogspot.com that I've been reading on an occasional basis for quite some time now. The author is Wendy Cheng , a Singaporean Chinese. She's kind of cute too, I guess. She has a strong Sing-lish accent which I guess can be quite hard to understand sometimes if you're not used to hearing it (as evident in her YouTube video The Princess Room). I dunno, it's really quite fascinating to come across and read some of her entries. Undoubtly, they're quite entertaining I must say and I waste a little on it too much sometimes *laughing*. The topics range from anything such as measuring penis sizes and shopping for slutty clothes at the infamous City Plaza mall. She is also known to be rather defensive towards criticism though...you'll see when you start reading her posts. For some reason, she kind of reminds me of one of my female friends. Hrmm...

Anyhow, speaking of xiaxue, last night, here in Pullman, we finally saw our share of the first snowfall of the school year. Seriously, it was so damn cold last night that certain items I unfortunately left on the balcony froze and I myself was huddled inside a blanket doing things like reading and going online. Anyway, it didn't snow much but the sight out the window is heavily apparent. Even though there's only a light cover of snow stuck to the ground, it's still awfully cold and the roads outside are bloody dangerous, especially at night when it begins fog and the ice begins to form. The photo I have up is a view from my balcony.

6 comments:

Anthony said...

I hate snow

d y l a n t o u c h said...

snow is only fun when you have nothing else in the world to do, no place you need to get to, and when you have plenty of time on your hand.

Anonymous said...

On the total opposite way of the world, the climate is getting warmer over here. Fans are finally coming out of the storage.

p/s: I am back too! :)

d y l a n t o u c h said...

cc,

yeah, it's gettin' colder and colder everyday over here. wish i can be somewhere warm right now, but oh well...warm weather will be back in another few months haha.

i'm glad ur back! :)

Barbie said...

I don't think I hate snow, cuz I haven't seen snow yet.(^,^) Nice Post here, Dylan.

d y l a n t o u c h said...

barbie,

i think snow is fun only for the first two days, then afterwards, it becomes a nuisance ^^.
well, hopefully some day you get to see snow...
thanks for stopping by my blog.