Friday, December 14, 2007

McDull for Harue! (Self-made cards are in)


Dylan creates yet another masterpiece! McMug! McMug! McMug!

I don't know about you guys but for me, when it comes to giving out Christmas, birthday, and Valentine's Day cards to very close friends (more specifically females), I tend to end up making them one, rather than purchasing one from the local Hallmark shop or wherever. It's not that I'm being cheap or too lazy to go out, but it has more to do with the fact that cards that are made with hand-drawn pictures, personal hand writing and such seems to be more creative, authentic, more personal, and also shows how much thought you've given towards that person.

Don't get me wrong, I still do go out and purchase those store-bought Hallmark cards, and in some cases, I rather much prefer them. But it's when I do have time and the creative juices are running in me, that's when my artistic and expressive self comes into play.

Anyway, the card I made tonight is one that I made using premium eggshell card paper, colored pencils, drawing pens and my own personal blend of creativity. The cartoon character you see on the card is that of McDull. It says "Merry Christmas" written in Japanese katakana. Hopefully, Harue will enjoy this card because I think I've spent way too much time on it and even more time blogging about it. Plus, I think the card looks cute, yeah?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!...I remember McDull! You bought like this huge stuffed McDull doll at the Richmond night market during summer when u were up here.

Did u ever give it to HER???

d y l a n t o u c h said...

rachael,
i think i went up there a total of 3 times during summer! one of them was with you. i still need to blog about Richmond Night Market. anyway, no...i haven't given it to her. i never had the chance. oh well.