Thursday, June 7, 2007

The two songs in my head

So all day, this song called "Back Here" by BBMak for some reason just started to get stuck in my head ever since this morning when I first heard it in a friend's car. I guess the fact that for songs that you haven't heard in such a long time, when you finally hear them again; they tend to become attached in your head. At first it's like, "oohh..wow, haven't heard this song in a while...sounds kind of good!". Then hours later, your mind is like, "shit! get this damn thing out of my head!".

Speaking of songs, have you heard of The Clientele's "(I Can't Seem To) Make You Mine"? Well, it's a song that I've been recently listening to quite some time and I can never ever get tired of it. The song has this good feel vibe and is nostalgic and melancholic, autumnal, hauntingly reflective as well as painterly. The song kind of draws upon feelings and images in your mind the same way a past experience does. It was actually featured in the movie The Lakehouse. Here's the music video for it:

No comments: